Gems picked out during an examination at the entrance university level in the Parisian region. The original grammar and
spelling have been respected in the French version , the translation tries to keep salt and humour of the situation)
- In Brittany are practised the breeding in mountain and transhumance.
- Noticed the prunes from Agen which renown is world-wide.
- Both regions from Brittany are the wet Champagne and the pouilleuse Champagne. The wet Champagne is a country
of ponds and tides.
- Brittany usually votes "a droite" because she is turned towards the sea.
- Brittany has a triangular form and so not to high.
- Old women practise the making of butter.
- Brittany is also a region of smoked fishes.
- The breton coasts are the places where are hidden the treasures from pirates and bretons who are greedy and avid
fight for these treasures.
- Bretons rest six months of the year.
- The breton coasts are situated at the level of the sea.
- Brittany makes an arm which gives in the Manche (the English Channel).
- Brittany distinguishes itself from the remaining of France by its position on the seaside.
- Cows, due to the proximity of the sea, give salted milk with which is made the delicious breton butter of salted
- The most profitable agricultural production is fishing.
- Cattle give good textile products.
- Mountains have been worn away by the moorish invasions.
- Erosion has dug curiosities like standing stones and dolmens.
- Brittany which was given up, has known a come back into vogue thanks to Asterix adventures.
- Brittany is a land of breeding : cattle and sea urchins.
- Brittany may be proud of its cider coming from the transformation of the potato.
- The cultivation of cotton is not very well developed.
- Unique exploit in the world, Brittany which has no oil, succeeded to build electric plants activated by the water of the
sea, particularly the one called Rance.
- The breton population is yet no more renovated.
- There are many important factories to extract granite from which aluminium is made.
- Decentralisation has been unsuccessful in Brittany (for further details see : the "nouvel observateur" from 1976).
- The hot climate enables the cultivation of grapes, Brittany is really famous for its cider.
- Brittany according to old men, has been detached from America, there are several million years.
- Meadows are full of cows.
- In this country, clogs are the right thing to use.
- Physically Brittany is attached to France by a very weak link.
- As in France, there are in Brittany four seasons, autumn, winter and spring.
- The main food industry is the "pancake".
- Its climate knows precipitations like the rain.
- Breton cows produce milk.
- The fixed situation from Brittany may be explained by its Celtic past.
- Only iodine from seaweed is extracted from subsoil of the region.
- The viticulture is of considerable importance in Brittany.
- Brittany has a very original structure , of physical nature due to human beings who live there.
- The breton fishing is no more at craft level like it is by us in France.
- The great breton harbours are the Pas de Calais which enables us to go to England, the Finistère, the Havre.
Only Somme is navigable.
- Breton population decreases because all the fishermen die when at sea.
- Brittany is renowned for its lunatic asylum.
- The breton problems are not only the fact of fate but also the fact of the silliness of people who cross the sea.
- The rivers and waterways all go towards the sea.
- When going for a walk, it is possible to see the famous breton women with their hat of lace and to see some calvaries
which prove that we are in an outdated and chalky region.
- Breton population is only composed of a few farmers.
- Breton bocage is composed of cypress hedges which protect cultivations from mistral wind.
- In Brittany three main regions may be distinguished.