How to reach Quimper ?
- On the Web: you are on it....
- By plane: the airport of Quimper Cornouaille is located in Pluguffan, 7 km in the south-east from Quimper.
Several airline companies have daily links, especially from Paris, but also other cities from France. To make inquiry at the
- Tel 33 98 94 30 30
- By train: the SNCF station is located towards the east exit of the town , on ... "l'avenue de la Gare".
- Information 33 98 90 50 50
- Reservations 33 98 90 26 21
- Group Service 33 98 98 31 59
- By bus: many buses circulate in the region and enable to visit it. Make inquiry at the tourist office [tel 33 98
53 04 05] for the timetables and served cities.
- By car: and yes the "disenclosing of Brittany" is a reality ! It is possible to reach Quimper by car using the
splendid highways which link the the city with Brest, Vannes, and Rennes. The secondary roads (Hello from Alfred) are
more picturesque, but take care to wild boars which cross without looking and to the leaks from the back of the "tonnes
- By boat: the Odet is a navigable river until Quimper. Several companies offer
descents and and ascents of Odet in launch of type "promène-couillons"
The fonds of sport and adventurous may also go on the Odet using canoes and kayaks:
Locations at the "Base du Chanoine Moreau" [Tel 33 98 53 19 99].
- Les Vedettes de l'Odet: departures from Bénodet, Beg Meil, La forêt-Fouesnant, Loctudy.
Visit of the Odet and the Glénan isles. Starting from, an hydro-jet (gast!) enables to reach the Glénans in 25
minutes and also goes on the Odet. Les Vedettes de l'Odet also offer a "croisière-dîner" (lunch-cruise) along
the water , on reservation only (do not worry about the risk of not taking pleasure from your lunch due to an agitated sea,
these launches stay on Odet...) [Tel 33 98 57 00 58].
- The launch"Glenn" and the launch "Jeanne-Yvonne": departures from Concarneau and Beg Meil [Tel 33 98
97 10 31].
- Link continent-The Glénans by "vedette-taxi" [33 98 97 25 25].
- On foot: it is possible to reach Quimper on foot by walk lanes for the most courageous and fonds of sport or
by the road hitch-hiking for the disciples of Kerouac. Take an IGN map with a scale of 100000ème to avoid to lose
you way , by the dark nights when the Ankou wanders...
- In bicycle, in roller skates, in skateboard, in tractor: see above the part "by car".