CONFERENCES, FILMS, EXHIBITIONS THROUGH THE YEAR
EVENT AND ANNIMATIONS PROGRAMME
FROM APRIL TO OCTOBER 1997.
- Défi des ports de pêche in Bigouden country (sailling fishermen challenge).
- Begining of lihthouse's illumination.
- Gilles SERVAT on free concert.
- Open foot-ball tournament, municipal stadium.
- Music event (Summer celebration everywhere in France).
- Hanging a fully colour leave hand-made by local makers around the lighthouse.
Saint Pierre's port
- Saint Pierre's Pardon.
- Giant chess game.
- Lighthouse construction's historic reconstitution.
- Arrival of
Papa Poydenot (life boat rebuilt as it was)
from St Guénolé's harbour.
- Seamen's songs, popular dances.
- Fest-Noz, children's theater.
- St Pierre's fire.
- Ascension of lighthouse stairs by C.A.B.'s athletes.
- Communal event.
- District event.
- Celtic games.
- Show representing a Middle-Age boat at 6.30pm.
In St. Guénolé
- 6.30pm, show representing the square tower, place Auguste Dupouy to Kerity then to St. Pierre
(carts, fancy-dresses, parade, bag-pipers).
- These two shows meet together in Kerity. Then, they all go to St. Pierre.
St Pierre's port
- Meeting down the lighthouse, food, songs, musics. 10.00pm: torchlights on the way to the Chapelle de la Joie.
La chapelle de la Joie.
- School pupils performance, sounds and lights for King March's Legend.
St Pierre's Davout Square
- Twinning celebration Eckmuhl-Penmarc'h. Days only for twinning friends who organize a Bavarian lunch.
- Unloading stones cutted as same as stones used for construction, from boat "Le Lougre de l'Odet".
- Papa Poydenot drawn by horses.
- Sail ship launching .
- Fishermen songs, food in front of the port.
Port de Bouc.
- Seaweeds burning and soda collection.
- Musics and songs.
In St Guénolé
- SNSM (Life Boat Society) lifeboats meeting.
In St Pierre, Davout Square.
- Exhibition under big top.
In St Pierre's Davout Square
- Event of villages illuminated with Eckmuhl.
In St Pierre Davout Square
- Century lighthouse's official ceremony and twinning signature between Schierling and Eckmuhl.
- 5.00pm, switching on lighthouse, and all ships are blowing their foghorns.
- After the bagadou and fanfare's parade, all musicians play a
all together for disapeared seamens' memory.
- 7.00pm, the party goes on with a lunch and folkloric dances. From 11.00pm till... Fest-noz (night party).
- End of year's event , street theater, clowns, mechanical music, brass-bands.
- In the evening, music, concert for all night long!.
- Updated - 14/03/97.