The first project of lighthouse dated from 1765.
It's construction began in 1794 (decree of National Security Comittee,
3 pluviose an II).
Work is interrupted in an III, resumed in an V,
stopped again in an X and never resumed.
Never ended, the lighthouse should have been 28 meters high, a diameter of 6,48m down and 5,20m at the top.
Picture representing the old tower used as watch spot towards 1800.
This is the only document on which appears the base of the An II lighthouse.
[History] [Old tower ] [2nd lighthouse]